Call for Papers
Special Issue of The International Journal of Law & Psychiatry
Therapeutic Jurisprudence Today and Tomorrow
The International Journal of Law & Psychiatry, the official journal of the International Academy of Law & Mental Health, seeks submissions for this special issue honoring Professor David Wexler, to appear in 2018.
In tribute to Professor Wexler’s contribution to the fields of law and mental health, as co-founder of the therapeutic jurisprudence movement, the issue will provide an opportunity for authors to explore emerging concepts in therapeutic jurisprudence. These may include, but are not limited to:
- the use of therapeutic jurisprudence in problem-solving courts;
- the incorporation of therapeutic jurisprudence into the law in traditional areas such as mental health law and the insanity defense in criminal law,
- the promise of mainstreaming therapeutic jurisprudence within the judicial system by incorporating its perspective more broadly into judicial practice; and
- the application of therapeutic jurisprudence principles in nontraditional areas such as (again, including but not limited to) education law, health law, business law, family law, and real estate law.
Submissions & Important Dates:
– Abstract Submission Deadline: October 1, 2017
– Article Submission for Peer Review, Deadline: January 15, 2018
– Final Article Submission Deadline: June 15, 2018
– Anticipated Publication Date: August, 2018
For More Information Please Contact:
Amy T. Campbell, Managing Guest Editor at: firstname.lastname@example.org